CEREC (Same Visit Crown)
CEREC actually stands for Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. The CAD/CAM cerec technology permits Dr. Gilbert to utilize his skills and expertise to create and place beautiful dental crowns within the same appointment—something not all Dentists can offer!
- Ceramic restorations can be created with the use of this 3D photography and computer technology– all it takes is one office visit and a few hours of your time!
- CEREC crowns eliminate the need to have temporary fillings or crowns.
- By using CEREC computer technology, patients do not have to come back for a second office visit. That means you don’t have to receive anesthesia two times!
- Porcelain restorations (porcelain crowns, inlays, and onlays) can be created when using CEREC.
To create natural-looking restorations, Dr. Gilbert pays particular attention to the following characteristics of your teeth:
Once he considers these elements, Dr. Gilbert plans and fabricates the restorations for a precise, comfortable fit. Several of our patients can actually attest to the natural beauty and durability of the CEREC crowns and restorations he places!
How can the CAD/CAM CEREC technology benefit you?
With this advanced technology, patients can experience a wide range of benefits. For instance, CEREC technology:
- Saves time for patients and dentists since the procedure takes only one visit!
- Saves your teeth. The CEREC system is less invasive than other techniques.
- CEREC technology allows Dr. Gilbert to perform conservative dentistry where most of your natural tooth remains, thus creating a stronger restoration.
- CEREC porcelain crowns and restorations look better than other types of crowns (i.e. metal).
By using CEREC technology, patients have the opportunity to receive top-quality crowns in much less time! Come experience this innovative technology today!